Thursday, May 24, 2012

What Will This Day Be Like? I Wonder.


I woke up this morning, singing " What will this day be like?  I wonder."...
"Besides what you see, I have confidence in me."

The thought dawned on me.  "I want to be Julie Andrews."
Sound of Music.  Mary Poppins.  Victor/Victoria.

Do I Really want to be a nun, a magical nanny and a drag queen?

Yes.  I DO.

Delusion of Grandeur squelched.  Julie Andrews is not a nun, a magical nanny or a drag queen either.  Reality is these are roles she played so well you believed she was those people.  At least, I did.

My profound reality is
1)  I want to be a monk who contemplates and meditates.
2)  I love to work with children.
3)  I am a man attracted to other men.

I leave you now so that I can go to the ocean and "Feed the Birds!"

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can finally find peace within yourself JT - Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT, I've been checking every Saturday for a post from you since your last post months ago, and therefore, remember you in my thoughts and prayers as I do. Very glad to see this post from you and hope that we can at least converse face to face via phone. My phone number hasn't changed, has yours? Let me know, by giving me a call! Hope to hear from you soon. I won't check this site again til next Saturday. Peace!

    ReplyDelete