Saturday, August 6, 2011

Contemplation on being the Prodigal Son



First, I must inform you that Donnie is unable to answer this question.  I have not seen Donnie since the day Baby flew away to join a band of parrots.  The only thing I know is that Donnie was so fragmented and so confused with his disassociative disorder that I am SO happy that he is free at last to be one with God, nature, the ocean and his quest to find and tend to Baby.

Having a physical body left behind, I am happy to recreate and become the person I always wished to be.  My name is John Thomas and I was the younger brother who wasted his fortune on drugs, alcohol, loose women and men, and denied myself no pleasure known to man.  However, I returned and repented  to my Father in heaven and I find myself starting life all over again.  A new beginning.  A fresh start.  John Thomas has no past.  All my sin has been washed away by the blood of Jesus.

Today I find myself to be the older brother.  My purpose and meaning for life only includes doing the will of my Father in heaven.  Out of the 50 states in our country, I chose to live in California.  My heart desires to be in Venice or Santa Monica Beach.  The Lord seems to have requested that I work, presently, in Hollywood.  Therefore, Hollywood is where you will find me.  No longer am I on the quest  to become a famous star but I find myself to be a servant.  Three or four days a week, I work at Social Services trying to feed the hungry, giving something to drink to the thirsty.  Sometimes I help to clothe the naked.  Other times, I try to visit those who are in prison.  My main passion is to help find homes for the homeless.   Working at the Food Pantry gives me the chance to help feed hundreds of the poor and struggling every time I volunteer.  This Sunday will be the tenth week that I have worked at Food on Foot.  As I graduate from the first third of the program, I pray as if it is God's will for me to continue to the second third.  Let me remind you that I have asked God to close every door that he does not wish for me to enter.  Therefore, I wait.  And Contemplate.

What I need to focus on the most is to forgive and not to resent.  When I was the older brother in the past, I resented others for being the reckless younger brother.  I resented being the obedient brother so much that I left the fold and became like the younger brother.  When I was the reckless younger brother, I resented the lack of compassion given to me by friends, family and church people.  Now again as I focus on being the older brother, I must be careful not to resent my younger reckless brothers and sisters for their lives of debauchery.  What is even worse is that I must not resent and must forgive my older brothers and sisters for their lack of compassion to me and the lost, especially the homeless.

With God, the Father not here on earth, I find that the older brothers and sisters have locked the doors to my younger brothers and sisters, out of God's house, His church.  What is God's will and plan for the homeless?  For this I contemplate and commit to do as my life work.

What am I gonna do?

What are you gonna do?

What are we gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment