Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Feed My Sheep



Jesus asked me today, "Do you love me?"

"Yes, Lord."

"Then feed my sheep."

Arriving early at Social Service this morning where I volunteer, my boss Tina asked me to put on some gloves and help serve breakfast.  "I would love to" was my response.

Jesus asked me later, "Do you love me?"

"Yes, Lord.  You know I do."

"then tend to my sheep."

There was a break after breakfast and Tina asked me to introduce the new community service worker to the clients.  We do not have poor or homeless at Get Love, we have clients.  It struck me funny that I choose to be here but the man doing community service was forced to be there.  There is nothing that makes me more nervous than introducing people to each other.  Sometimes I have forgotten my own mother's name because of the anxiety it causes me.

As I took this new member of our team out to the patio,  I stood in awe of how many of the client's names that I knew.  Not only did I know their name but I also knew their story.  I felt as if I was on my very own patio mingling with very close friends and family.  The mystical moment came to my mind that    truly I am.

"Do you love me?"  Jesus asks a third time.

No answer was needed - I just invited Jesus Christ into my heart to check for himself.

"Then feed my lambs."

I thanked the clients for talking with Michael and me.  He thanked them too.  Then we both joined the other volunteers and served lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment