Saturday, August 20, 2011

Doing God's Work


Yesterday I stopped a man from killing a homeless man.  He was irate because this man was tormenting another handicapped homeless senior citizen.  One of the demon possessed clients at social service was having a tumultuous bout with demons.  I was the only one who was able to calm him down.  All I said was, "Are you alright. Raymond?"  Raymond said, "I am okay, thanks."   There was another homeless individual who was frantic about his recent experience with homelessness.  I sat down with him and explained how he would never starve as there are many organizations who feed the poor and that he has several options for finding employment.  He was relieved.

Later that day, I felt that I had wasted the day and felt bad that I was still homeless and unemployed.  I even questioned God as to why I was here on this earth.

God just shrugged his shoulders and I sensed him say, "Really?" as he flashed back a couple of the individuals that I had helped during the day.  God allowed me to star in my very own version of "It's a Wonderful Life!" for a day.

Today I will do God's work at the food pantry.

Tomorrow I will begin week twelve at Food on Foot.

2 comments:

  1. AND you prevented a potentially deadly apartment fire in the home of your distracted, mindless friends. Are you still saying you're homeless? Well, thanks to you (and "divine" timing), my family and all the other families in this building are NOT homeless. And we had a great egg salad because you saved them from turning into rubberized charcoal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Looks like I was you, again, that day.

    ReplyDelete