Friday, September 23, 2011

Split Personality

"The Prison" that I live at insists that I be called Donald W. Harbeck.  That fact alone has caused my personality to split in two.  All the negatives that Donnie hates about himself are triggered by the fore mentioned name.  As John Thomas, I believe it is my responsibility to take care of  Donnie.  Truly only I know what is best for this mentally disturbed individual.

Years ago, Donnie was in therapy with one of the best psychiatrists in the world named Dr. Harold Mozak, the fore most authority on Adlerian psychology.  He truly believed that the world revolved around him.  Donnie was larger than life.  When Dr. Mozak told Donnie that the world REALLY did not revolve around him, Donnie said, "At $200.00 dollars an hour, it most certainly does!"  Dr. Mozak NEVER took a dime from Donnie just to prove his point.

Over a decade later, Donnie has come to the realization that truly the world does not revolve around him.  It revolved before he was born, it will revolve after he is gone, and the hardest part for Donnie to face is that it makes no difference whether Donnie is here or not.  Donnie wanted to be one of the extra ordinary people in the world.  The truth is he is just an ordinary guy.  That truth is not setting him free but causing him to tail spin in a suicidal spiral heading strait for hell.

When I asked Donnie what he was feeling, he cried, "I am living in hell on earth, how much worse can hell be?"  I understand that Donnie is hyper sensitive.  For one reason or another, Donnie is looking for Jesus to hold, hug and comfort him.  For over a half century, Jesus has refused to do that.  In the meantime, I as John Thomas, have self appointed myself to be God's messenger to do just that.

Donnie feels closest to God when he is by the ocean.  Today, I will hold, hug and comfort this precious little boy until Jesus decides to return or it is time to return him to "the prison" or the "VA version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" as he calls it. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought you said you hate liars, you (or Donnie) are lying: "For over a half century, Jesus has refused to do that"

    Jesus sent you me (who loves you) in Chicago, I was rejected.

    You could not be stopped from driving yourself to California (which I knew would end up right where you've ended up.

    Now Jesus has sent you Sue and Tim there in California (whom also love you), and you reject Jesus's gift - and then say "Jesus has refused to do that" - Liar. And I can see it from 3,000 miles away.

    You don't have to go back to the "VA version..."

    Let Sue come and pick you up - I will send her money to help with your expenses.

    God inspired me to say and do this - but of course you will reject this gift from God just like you do all the others.

    You are creating your own Hell - and you won't allow anyone to help you out of it.

    ReplyDelete