Sunday, December 2, 2012

Faith is waiting on things hoped for


FAITH

by Patrick Overton

When you walk to the edge of all the light you have
and take the first step into the darkness of the unknown,
you must believe that one of two things will happen:

There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
or, you will be taught how to fly,


Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength,
they will run and not grow weary,
they will be lifted up on the wings of eagles. 


Rivers belong where they can ramble,
eagles belong where they can fly.
I've got to be where my spirit can be free,
Got to find my corner of the sky.
   A song from the musical, Pippin


Although my life is falling apart and I am on the brink of insanity,
I trust and have the faith to hope that God will put it all back together.

Faith is waiting on things hoped for!




No comments:

Post a Comment