Sunday, December 9, 2012

It is Well with My Soul


Today was one of those horrible days.  Being homeless and jobless; recovering from open heart surgery, having no money has taken it's toll on me.  I am being pushed to the edge of all that I can handle.  This morning either I misplaced or someone stole my cell phone.  For me, this is almost the straw that broke the camel's back.

However, I remember when I tried being a Mormon, I flew to Salt Lake City to the semi annual conference.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, this Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang the song, "It is Well With My Soul"!  With ever fiber of my being I try to remember the peace and contentment I felt when I heard these words.

Will I find my phone?  I have no idea.  Do I believe in a God who will help me through this trial?  All I can do is recite scripture.  "Consider it pure joy my friends when you face trials and temptations of every kind."

Be joyful always.  Pray Continually.  Give thanks for all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment