Friday, December 7, 2012

When You Wish Upon a Star


Donnie wanted to go to the Fellowship Club today.  He wanted to meet Bobby.  Donnie and Bobby instantly clicked.  Almost magical.  The first thing these two five year old boys had in common was that their favorite Disney character is Jiminy Cricket.  They both came running to me beggingthat we would be able to watch the movie Pinocchio together.  As I popped up some popcorn and got Bobby and Donnie their favorite soft drink.  I asked these "two soon to be bouncing off the wall" kids what their favorite movie candy was.  The question was rhetorical but they both do not know the meaning of that word yet. 

"Raisenettes!"  Donnie exclaimed.

"Sour Patch Kids!"  Roared Bobby.

As we hopped unto the couch, Bobby and Donnie sat so close together, one would think they were siamese twins.  They wanted to be able to share their candy with each other.  I started the dvd and we all enter the Disney world of animation and imagination.

I wonder what Donnie would be dreaming about tonight?

When Bobby saw a star this evening, I wonder what Bobby would wish.

As for me, one of my dreams came true.  To find a friend for Bobby and Donnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment