Saturday, June 22, 2013

Funny Thing Happened at VA

One of the great things about getting older is that all the body parts start to wear out.  As I now have problems with double vision.  I can not see close to read.  Nor can I see far to drive.  Bifocals cause me to have the worst migraines so when I had to choose between having reading glasses or glasses to drive with, I chose to be able to read.  Well, that was great until I applied for a job in which I would be required to drive.

As I barely passed my vision test at the DMV, I decided that it was time for me to visit my doctor at the VA to ask for a referral for the eye doctor.  As I was waiting to see the doctor, the nurses do their normal check of vital signs.  Unbeknownst to me, my pulse is at 40.  Normal is supposed to be between 65-70.

The VA thinks they may have to cut me open again for another surgery.  They may need to replace my valve with a metal valve and/or implant a pacemaker.  Next week I am scheduled to have a battery of three tests.  Monday I will get an EKG.  Tuesday and Wednesday I will have a 24 hour monitor attached to my body.  Following the results of those two tests, I will be scheduled to see the cardiologist   in West LA.

Funny thing is I was trying to get a pair of glasses so I would be able to go back to work.  When they find out I may need to have six months off for another surgery, I will be certain to not get the position.

All I wanted was another pair of glasses.  Instead, the VA may have saved my life once again!

2 comments:

  1. You should have someone to take care of you during your rehabilitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God works in mysterious ways! Praying for you! Love you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete