Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lord, You're Holy

My primary responsibility is to tend to the needs of a wonderful little five year old.  Little Donnie is a mentally ill child who suffers from multiple personalities.  As a matter of fact, I am one of the personalities whom he created.  When it comes to going to church on Sunday, there seems to be a bit of a conflict.  Donnie is a very conservative baptist and I am a very liberal catholic.

Donnie is tone deaf and plans on being a singer, actor, and dancer when he grows up.  I do not have the heart to let him know that his dream is nothing but a fantasy.  Donnie has introduced me to Dolly who is a female impersonator but today is the first day in which he has introduced me to Donna.

As we were unable to figure out which church to attend, we went to where we both feel closest to God.


As Donnie and I walked in the sand, we decided to take our sandals off and walk where the ocean meets the beach.  The water was cold at first but we both adapted quickly.  We both walked quietly and we communed with God in our very own and different ways.  After a good deal of silence, I checked in and asked Donnie how he was doing.  This is when he introduced me to Donna.  Donna is a member of the Prestonwood Baptist Church in Texas.  He asked me to listen to Donna as she sang the song, "Lord, You're Holy".  It was no surprise for me to hear a five hundred member choir back Donnie/Donna up.


Donnie got down on his knees where the ocean meets the beach and prayed,

"Dear God,

   From my heart to your ears."

Amen.

1 comment: