Friday, June 14, 2013

Wisdom

Deb Horwedal Shared this with Me

We all face major challenges in our lives -
the loss of a job, a broken relationship,
an illness, death of a loved one -
and these circumstances
could easily bury us in despair.
Negative and painful thinking
... can become overpowering,
creating a downward spiral
that pulls us ever deeper
into feelings of hopelessness.

Yet there is a difference
between being buried and being planted.
That difference boils down to
the expectation of what happens next.

When you put a seed in the ground,
you don't say, 'I'm burying this seed.'
You say, 'I'm planting this seed.'

The difference is - when you plant a seed,
you expect to see it rise again
and come back to life...

When you go through tough times,
you may feel like you've been buried,
but the fact is, you've simply been planted.
That means you're coming back.
And you're not only coming back,
you will come back better, increased, stronger.

You go in as a seed,
but because you are a BEing of light,
you come out blossomed,
producing even more fruit."

When life "piles on," and it feels like I'm buried,
I have a new perspective from which I can draw
encouragement and hope...
I'm not buried...I am planted,
and it's only a matter of time
before I break through
with new life and new fruit!
See More


Like · ·

No comments:

Post a Comment