Thursday, February 21, 2013

Counting My Blessings

My new objective in life is to focus on how truly blessed I am.  God has been incredibly good to me.  There is no reason for Him to be so good as I believe I am the worst example of a Christian known to man.  If Paul had not claimed the title, "the greatest sinner", it certainly would be mine.

Here are just a few examples of how blessed I was on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, I had no dishes in my apartment.  Yesterday Marjorie Ferguson gave me an entire stoneware set for four.  She also gave me sheets and towels along with other odds and ends.

There was so much stuff that I would be unable to carry everything on the bus.  A veteran by the name of Charlie offered to drive me back and forth to pick up my new treasures.  However, before Charlie could take me, Barbara heard me talking on the phone at the Mental Wellness Center.  She just happened to be going to the county building which is right next to the VA clinic.  Being at the right place at the right time?  I don't think so.  I believe it was Divine intervention.

As I was running errands, I ran into three of my new friends.  It was so good to see Michael, Celia, and Jamie.  Again Divine intervention.  Have not seen any of these friends for months.

As I was riding my bike, my wallet fell out of my pocket.  Although there was no money in it, all my identification was.  I pleaded with God that He would help me find my wallet.  God is SO good to me.  He showed me where I had dropped my wallet on State Street, the busiest street in Santa Barbara.

A friend of mine took a picture off of her wall and gave it to me to put on mine.  She said, "A house can not become a home until you have a picture on the wall."  I love her.  Guess what the picture is?
You are so smart.  How did you guess "A Butterfly"?

No comments:

Post a Comment