Friday, July 1, 2011

Bad News For the Homeless

EXTRA EXTRA

READ ALL ABOUT IT!


The Santa Monica Police are kicking all of the homeless out of their city.
They are actually telling them to go to east to Hollywood or go south to Venice Beach.
You do not have to go home(less) but you can't stay here.

This is putting a lot of stress on the overcrowded homeless situation in two cities
primarily known for tourism, especially in the summer.  Filming is on hiatus!

Today my friend Sal was just let out of prison after six days for public intoxication.  My friend Isaiah looked like another black guy who held up a marijuana store and was held all day under falsely accused charges (You know how all black people look the same according to this white officer)  Another friend Steve was arrested for public intoxication.  We still do not know when his release will be.  Definitely after the holiday weekend.  (At least he is not homeless, right?)  Another homeless man was arrested for theft of a shopping cart ( easy remedy is to rent the cart for him from a homeless friendly store)  He will be able to pay the fine by recycling and will avoid prison time.  Another homeless man I know was arrested and taken away.  Not sure for what.  My friend Peter had to collect all his things and save them with his stuff.  He is using a shopping cart that has a documented rental agreement.

My paperwork was finally officially approved for me to volunteer at The Church of the Blessed Sacrament.  This church is going to be ground zero and home base for my documentary.

Thought I found a place to live for $400.00 a month.  I thought I would be renting a small room in a home in East Hollywood (Margaritaville).  Turns out that it was a small room with two sets of bunk beds and a single bed, a dresser and a linen size closet.  Each of the five tenants would each pay $400.00 for a total of $2000.00 dollars for a 12 ft by 12 ft room.  A total of eleven guys living in one two bedroom house with one bathroom.  Sardines in a can have more room than we did.

My question is why does this man NOT get arrested for stealing from the homeless and the poor?

Gotta love Capitalism and the death of the American Dream.
For a moment, I thought that I would be living in a house with a garden and a front porch.
Maybe I should just wait for that mansion in the sky that Jesus is preparing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment