Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Divine Moment With God


Rule # 1 about Divine Moments With God

Never Ever try to explain them to others.  Words can not articulate the intensity of emotion, peace and grace when one is touched by the presence of God.

Today was the 800th consecutive Sunday of Food on Foot.  Two of my friends were going to start their first week of the program.  Knowing that the positions are filled quickly, I told Nathan and Jeremy that I would meet them at 10:00 am at the gates.  The official time is before 11:00 am.  However, since they only have six positions available for first timers, I thought it would be a good idea if we got there one hour before.  Nathan said that he did not want to come all the way from the city of Los Angeles and not get in.  He suggested that we meet at 9:00 am,  Now I do not have to be there until 11:45 am, but I was willing to meet them at 9:00 am.  This would mean that I would need to miss Mass and my free breakfast at the Farmer's Market by eating all the samples that the vendors put out for the prospective clients.  For many homeless, it becomes a food frenzy.

You would not believe my shock to get there to find out that Edwin and his friends had brought eight prospective first timers at 8:00 am.  The early bird gets the worm and that worm's name is Edwin.  Nathan and Jeremy wait for another hour only to find that they were Really only taking six first timers this Sunday.  They were very understanding and said that they would meet me for dinner at Tomaine at Romaine.  I was still a little sick to my (empty) stomach.

For several days I had been practicing my joke about the two little boys.  One being negative and the other always positive.  The choice was mine which on would I be.  I chose to be positive.  Long story short.  (I know. Too late)  I won the second prize for being the best employee of the week.  Instead of making only ten dollars today, I walked away with cash and prizes of over sixty dollars.

A new friend from Food on Foot named Hans suggested we go to mass.  The Church of the Blessed Sacrament has a 5:30 pm mass on Sunday.  Our work day ended at 5:00 pm.  What perfect timing.  Thanks God.

Mass is Incredible.  I feel a deep inner connection and presence of Jesus.  Then we sing the song written by Sy Miller and JILL JACKSON.  Although it was not the same Jill Jackson that Donnie had fallen in love with in 1972,  I feel that now I know where Donnie went.  When Baby flew away that one day, I failed to tell you that Donnie flew away in search of his precious loved bird.  Now I have total charge of Donnie's old body and I am a new creation named John Thomas.  Please sing this song with me:

Let There Be Peace on Earth

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With God as our Father, brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother, in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now,
with every step I take, let this be my solemn vow,
To Take Each Moment,
And Live Each Moment,
In Peace Eternally.....

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!

Like I said, Refer back to Rule #1.  At least I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment