Sunday, July 10, 2011

Consider It Pure Joy


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials and temptations of many kinds.  Because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you be mature and complete, not lacking anything.....

How funny that I had a conversation with Jeff today that Martin Luther threw the book of James out of the Bible but then reconsidered and put it back in.

God has been testing me to see if I really trust him.  I REALLY do.

No longer am I homeless.  Sue Anderson Molenda and her three daughters have been so kind to allow me to sleep on their living room floor until I can get back on my feet again.

No longer am I jobless.  I completed my sixth week at Food on Foot.  FOF is a work for food program that helps the homeless and unemployed  return to the market place.  Today I won fourth place as being one of the best workers for the week.  In our training sessions, I have been working on overcoming my fear of public speaking.  My homework assignment was to turn in a resume before next Sunday.  I am actually being considered for the Director of Operations position at Food on Foot.  After not writing a resume for over twenty years, I am happy to report that I have completed my assignment already.

My first short film has prompted some professionals to invite me to be part of their public service announcement for the Power of Green.  They waited for me to complete work at Food on Foot before starting filming.  We resume filming on Tuesday.

I am finding my place to serve at the Church of the Blessed Sacrament.  I volunteer at the Food Pantry and Social Services.  Instead of being one of the homeless, I am now a volunteer.

My car is parked safe and sound on Selma.  The road I usually park on is under construction for the next two days.  The nice old man with the cute little dog, his friend and two of my friends helped me get my car started.  Did not even have to call Triple AAA.  My friends said they would push the car if they had too.  The only thing that was the matter was a loose cable connected to the battery.  A good thing because parking in the church parking lot over night is not an option.  Even Tyrone who has worked for the church for 16 years got his car towed for parking overnight.  (Still need to work on the locked church and the forbidden overnight parking lot)

THOSE WHO WAIT ON THE LORD WILL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH, THEY WILL BE LIFTED UP ON THE WINGS OF (SEAGULLS OR) EAGLES.

OH, THE LORD IS GOOD TO ME AND SO I THANK THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment