Monday, July 25, 2011

Walking on the Straight and Narrow PATH


All is well in my Universe!

I live in a new world now.  A world that is governed by random acts of kindness.  This is not home but I am merely a visitor on a planet which is spiraling down to the pits of depravity on an elevator headed straight to hell.  My home is in heaven with Jesus Christ who is the creator of the entire universe.  As a child of God and a friend of Jesus Christ, I now find myself walking on the straight and narrow path.

"I have been been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me!"

Tomorrow I will drive my tenants, Frick and Frack to PATH.  Hopefully, if they are the first 10 people in line, they will have jumped through all the hoops necessary to be able to live in this temporary shelter.
I pray and hope that the People Assisting The Homeless (PATH) will end their (what seems to be eternal) life of living on the streets.

My friend Albert and his daughter, Kimberly started their first week at Food on Foot.  Next Sunday will be my ninth week in the program.  Hopefully,  I continue to be on the fast track to starting a full time job in a couple of weeks and getting my new apartment shortly after.  Albert is going to volunteer at the Food Pantry with me.  God is blessing Albert's life in a powerful and amazing way.  He has been reunited with his daughter as they start life out together sober.  His ex-wife is a member of The Church of the Blessed Sacrament!  Although she is remarried, she is able to restore a friendship that unites and ties their family in a new bond of love.

When the disciples came to Jesus when he walked this earth over two thousand years ago, they told Jesus,  "Your mother and brothers are here to see you."

Jesus said, "Who is my mother?  Who is my brother?  I tell you the truth, whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my mother, brother and sister."

Now I tell YOU the truth.  I now live with my mother and brothers and sisters as my purpose and meaning in life has changed it's focus from me to one which tries to be selfless as I try to listen to the Shepherd and feed and tend to His sheep.



"Do you love me?"  Jesus asks me.

"Yes, Lord, I do."

"Then feed my sheep."  says The Word of God.

"Lord, Tyrone, and Albert and Rosa and I and my brothers and sisters volunteer at the Food Pantry."

"Do you love me?"  Jesus asks again.

"Yes, Lord, I do."

"Then tend to my sheep."   My Savior instructs.

"Lord, My bothers and sisters and I help feed the hungry, give the thirsty something to drink, clothe the naked, tend to those who have been in prison, and invite strangers into Social Services, and yes, we even try to help the homeless find new homes."

"Do you love me?"  Jesus asks me the third time.

"Yes Lord, YOU know that I do."  Tears of JOY well up in my eyes and flood from the depths of my soul.

"Then love my lambs."  Jesus pleads.



It is now JOY and an honor to be commissioned by God to love his lambs.

AND YET my heart writhes in pain as I wander on this path as to what is to become with all the goats.  It has become easy to love God's lambs.  But I wonder how am I to reach out to the goats?

"GET LOVE."

And where am I to get this LOVE?

There is ONLY one answer to that question!

No comments:

Post a Comment