Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Different Perspective of The Holy Grail.


According to The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, the mormons believe the priesthood and the church were removed from the earth after the death of the last apostle.  Donald is a Mormon but he stopped attending when he found they also believe that John is still living on the earth.

"According to this philosophy this would explain why we had the period called the Dark Ages."  Schmendrick told the four boys.   "If the church and the priesthood had been removed, this would allow for Satan and the demons to have power over the earth."  Schmendrick continued.  "This is a time where there were witches and warlocks, vampires and werewolves.  Through evil spells warlocks were able to conjur up fire breathing dragons.  Witches could turn princes into toads or children into gingerbread cookies."  Schmendrick paused.

The boys looked at each other and remembered how the little old lady was going to make gingerbread.  Danny ate part of the house and said it had taste like ginger snaps. 

"If there was no church and no priesthood on the earth and black magic was running rampant, it would only give reason that faires, elves and wizards like Merlin and me would need to use white magic to counter the attacks of evil."  Schmendrick explained.  "Remember boys, 'Good always conquers evil.'.  God designed it that way."

"We want to find The Holy Grail."  Donnie said.

"Many have looked for it and have failed."  Schmendrick warned.

"You will find it if you seek it with all your heart."  Schmendrick said.

With that, there was a poof of smoke and all that was left was a little caterpillar who climbed up the tree.

"Where did he go?"  Bobby asked.

"He just disappeared into thin air."  Danny said.

"Did Schmendrick turn himself into a caterpillar."  Doug questioned.

"Remember Boys, things are not always what they seem."  Donnie said.

8 comments:

  1. Question Donn, why do you believe what YOU believe -- and NOT for example: Hindu Deities, American Indian, or Australian Aboriginal Beliefs.

    Do you believe those are all completely meaningless; because they have NO parallels or congruency to Western Religions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do I believe what I believe? Alcoholics Annoynomous believes in a higher power. American Indians believe in the Great Spirit. The Australian Aborgiginals have a special word for Spirit. I believe all these names for God point to the same God. Recently, I have been loooking into Buddhism. There is something very attractive to "Being at peace with everyone and everything." I believe all these people are looking to connect with the One who created them and the One who created them in their image.

      Delete
    2. I am not sure what Donn's view is. All I can tell you is what I believe.

      Delete
    3. John, I have been in error -- and will call you John now. You say those religions point to the same God; what about Multi-theistic Religions like the Hindus with Gonesh, Hanuman, Vishnu, Kali, etc., etc., etc......, and other Multi-theistic ones?

      Is there truth in them -- or meaninglessness?

      Delete
  2. Donn - Everything you write demonstrates the incredible pain you always feel inside.

    Even though you are much bigger than me - I want to cradle you like a hurt puppy, and protect you from the E V I L world that has hurt you so much.

    I have N E V E R in my entire life been hurt as much as you have -- and it tears me up inside, because you are such a kind, sweet, big ugly nice person.

    But I can't do it from thousands of miles away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain and suffering are supposed to be good for us, right? "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." is the expression I think. You are very kind and I will be forever grateful for the generous offer you have set before me. This decision requires time. If I respond with haste and than regret the move, being bipolar, I will resent and secretly hate you. The little puppy will turn into that 40 ft T-rex. It would be hell for both of us.

      Delete
    2. Please take your time Donn, the only limit is that when I get my SS Check -- it's usually gone within just a couple of days (of course I get another one in March - @ 3rd Wednesday of every month).

      I've known all along Donn that "part" of you likes me, as much as I like you;

      BUT the "part" of you that Hates yourself -- Hates me because another "part" of you likes me. That's why you threw me out, and then took me back in so many times.

      One advantage our situation will have now is that your Big Ass can't throw me out anymore ( Try it and you'll end up crying in a nasty Abdominal Stretch ). And someone paying to fly someone from across the country, is not likely to then turn around and throw them out if they wanted them there that badly (right or wrong?)

      I know what I am getting into Donn -- remember 5473 -- I miss it, I miss US.

      ALSO the room designated as the "Gym" has a huge walk-in Closet, and a door that we can put a key-lock on -- I know that Donnie has to have a locked, private place of his own. You don't even have to give me a key if you don't want to.

      Think about it all, but stay in touch so we can understand each other; when will you get your phone service?

      Mike

      P.S.: You CAN'T say "Nobody cares about me" anymore -- can you Donn??

      Delete
    3. Remember John, I get a $1077 SS Check each month -- plus 4 x $286 from Craig

      $1077 + $1144 = $2221 Clear monthly income -- Minus about $600 rent leaves us about $400 per week Clear for food, bills, gas, MMA.

      We could even survive on my SS Check without either of us working, but it would be very tight finances.

      Delete