Saturday, January 26, 2013

We are a Family

Donnie, Bobby, Danny and Doug were on their adventure in the woods in search of Schmendrick.  They had been invited to spend the night at who they believed to be the Grandmother of Little Red Riding Hood.  The Grandmother was busy making dinner for the four boys.  The four little boys were happy to see baked goods, cookies and candy all throughout the cabin.  The old lady told them to eat as much as they like but do not spoil their appetite before dinner.

In another wood called Hollywood, Dolly was appearing as a female impersonator at one of the night clubs.

There is a man I know by the name of William who suffers from depression and constant thoughts of suicide.  He is an alcoholic.  The reason he is an alcoholic is because he is in constant torment of his sexual identity.  Although he thinks he finds himself attracted to males, he is conflicted by his religious beliefs that homosexuality is wrong.  He finds himself so lonely at times that the only relief he thinks would be to take his own life.


Usually I visit another one of my friends, Mark to seek advice how I might help my friend, William.  Mark is a monk at a hermitage in California and has devoted his life to prayer and service.  Sexuality is not an issue for Mark at all.  Straight or gay, monks take an oath of celibacy.  They are the male version of "brides of Christ".  Mark tells me the best thing I can for William is listen.  Mark tells me the best thing I can do for William is to pray.  Mark promises to pray for my friend me.

There are many personalities that live in Donnie.  Most are voices on the inside of his mind.  Others are voices on the outside of his mind.  The important thing for everyone to remember is...We are Family!  I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment