Friday, January 4, 2013

Where do you feel closest to God?



Where do you feel closest to God?  Without a reasonable doubt, I feel closest to God when I am near the ocean.  For me, listening to the waves is like listening to God breathe.  My friend Michael Payne has offered me the opportunity of living with him in Lisle, Illinois.  I will be forever grateful to Michael for his kind offer but I must be true to myself.  You might think I am crazy or insane to choose to be homeless.  Maybe I am.  However, I am truly happy of the oneness that happens with my soul as God, the ocean and I unite.

When I look out at the ocean, I can not see where it ends.  When I look right, or left or staaight ahead, I am in awe of how vast the ocean is.  This reminds me of how big God is.  Truly God would not make something that was larger than himself.  One of my favorite things to do is scuba diving.  When I scuba dive, I am invited into a whole new world.  The silence makes it so easy to contemplate and commune with God. 

I invite you to listen to the ocean with me.  Find a relaxing place, turn on the volume on your laptop and try to breathe deeply and become one with the waves.  This is a mystical experience for me.  This may not be for you?  If not, where do you feel closest to God?

1 comment:

  1. JT, always great to see your posts. When we have God, we have EVERYTHING and if we do NOT have God, we have NOTHING! I'm glad you have God, and friends as a bonus! Thank God for the ability to use the computer. 1-4-3, Tim

    ReplyDelete