Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Live To Win


For years, I had been in a deep depression because I felt I had been a complete loser.  A loser in career choice.  A loser in personal relationships.  Basically,  a loser in all areas of life.

For over a year I have played chess with Paul at the Fellowship Club in Santa Barbara.  I always lose.  However, the best way to improve your game is to play people who are better than you.  Well, ladies and gentlemen, mark the calendar.  On the 8th of January 2013, Paul resigned.  I had checkmated his King.  Yes, John Thomas is a winner.

My life has fallen apart to mere rubble.  However, instead of dwelling on wanting to die, I have chosen to live.  Like the unsinkable Molly Brown, "I ain't down yet".  John Thomas is never going to give up.  There are losers and there are winners.  For me, I have decided to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment