Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grilled Chesse and Campbells Tomato Soup


One of my favorite meals is Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.  Totally nuture food.  Usually I insist that the tomato soup be Campbell's but one of the best meals I ever had was when Jude Geerdes used her Mother's homemade tomato soup.  Instead of being sad that I no longer have dinners with Jude, I embrace all the times that I had to spend with her.  Jude has an incredible husband and two adorable boys now.  My life is forever changed having known Jude.  If you have met her, I am sure you would agree.

As I count my blessings, I am SO thankful for the days we had together. 

A Day Later.  If Donnie asked me once, he asked me at least one hundred times.  He wanted me to tell you that his Mom made "the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world".  She puts the sandwiches in a frying pan on a very low heat.  She waits patiently for the bread to turn golden brown.  Absolute perfection.  She then cuts the sandwiches in triangles.  When you bite into the the grilled cheese, the cheese just melts in your mouth.  Sometimes to mix things up, Donnie's Mom, will grill the sandwich with a slice of tomato.  "Yummy!" Donnie exclaims.

Now Bobby wants to go home and ask his Mom to make him a grilled cheese with tomato soup.  He has never had a grilled cheese sandwich before.  Donnie wants to know if he can go over to Bobby's house for dinner.  It is almost impossible to keep those two apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment