Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Watch Where You Walk

Imagine walking along the sidewalk.  It is a beautiful day.  Sun shining.  And all of a sudden you fall into a big hole.  While you were looking at the clouds and the sun, you were unaware that the manhole cover over one of the sewers had been removed.

I fell in a couple of days ago.  Now imagine being covered in sewage and feces.  Bruised from the fall, I find myself to be disoriented.  Although I did not physically fall into a sewer, emotionally I had fallen into a pit of depression.  Demons haunted me while they were evil enough to remind me of all my past sins.  The shrieking of the demonic forces was so awful and loud,  I was unable to hear the still quiet voice in my heart telling me that it is by the grace of God that I have been forgiven.

"I fell into this pit, there must be a way for me to climb out of this dark place."  I thought.

Filthy, cold and tormented, I wander through this deep dark place in search of a ladder.  The good news is I was able to find that ladder today.  As I begin to climb out of this pit, I am aware of the stench that emits from me.  There will be some who make fun of me and laugh at my misfortune.  There will be others who pretend not to notice at all.  Certainly, if they noticed, their concious would require them to help.  Is there a good samaritan out there who will help me?  Will I find one human being who will show me compassion?

The answer is I must not look for someone to help me.  For if I do not find someone, I will certainly fall back into the hole.  Again, I will be covered in sewage and feces.  The answer is I must find a way to survive.  A way to overcome.  Truly God is the answer.  My hope and trust must be that He will get me through this.  As they say, "This too shall pass"!

No comments:

Post a Comment