Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cleaning House

Have you ever noticed when you start cleaning your house, everything else looks dirty?  That is how it is with me regarding sin.  Whenever I focus on cleaning house or the depravity of my heart, the immensity of my sin overwhelms me.  "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  That includes St. Francis of Assisi, Mother Teresa and my friend, Tim Page.

One of the things I used to believe was that I was a much better sinner than I was a Christian.  This is just not true.  I am a horrible sinner.  A good sinner would show no remorse for his sins.  As for me, I continue to repent over and over and over each and every sin I have ever committed.  As each day goes by, the sins add up.  Over the years, it is no wonder I am overwhelmed by the multitude of my sin.

I am a sinner saved by grace.  Reality is I was born with a sinful nature.  There is nothing I or anyone else can do about that.  What I seem to fail to focus on is that I am "saved by grace".  It has nothing to do about me.  It has everything to do with what Jesus Chrsit did on the cross for me and you.

Whenever I am made aware of a sin I have committed, it is important that I repent with a contrite heart.  However, what is more important is that I praise God for the prompting of the Holy Spirit.  "He who began a good work in (me) will be faithful to complete it."  This gives me a chance to celebrate what the Savior is doing in my life rather than falling into a deep, dark depression over my sinful nature. 

"My heart, Christ's home."  I invite Jesus to feel free to clean anything that needs to be cleaned.

3 comments:

  1. John - What is this Overwhelming Unimaginable SIN that you are continuously punishing yourself for???

    If it is what I think it is, how come I don't feel the same horrible way that YOU do about MY life.

    I am PERFECTLY HAPPY with Who and What I am (I am as I WAS CREATED) - A 63yo Black Gay Man.

    YOU on the other hand just go on and on and on and on and on and on about your HUGE EVIL SIN!

    Have you been Eating Babies alive? Dumping Cyanide into the Water Reservoirs of Major Cities? Cutting strangers Brake Lines? Mixing water into Jet Fuel?

    Exactly how many Men, Women, and Children HAVE you Killed (Hundreds? Thousands?)

    If you really have Killed over a Thousand people - than you TRULY are EVIL -- How could you?

    I thought I knew you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question John -- What is your take on Genesis 9: 25-27 -- IN THE BIBLE -- "The Curse of Ham":

    https://www.google.com/search?q=genesis+9%3A+25-27&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS495US495&aq=f&oq=genesis+9%3A+25-27&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3j60.19497&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

    What would you imagine I think of it? (If you ask me about it I will start CURSING VERY LOUDLY AND DESCRIPTIVELY).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw: I just L O V E watching Black People S Q U I R M out of that Genesis 9:25-27 stuff.

      They just O B S E S S I V E L Y believe in their (your) Bible.

      BUT Black People CAN'T wrap their receptive collective minds around the undeniable F A C T that their Bible (your Bible), "The Bible" (in Genesis 9:25-27) places them (Black People -- according to God) as INFERIOR TO OTHER RACES -- And CURSED TO SERVE OTHER RACES.......F O R E V E R (i.e.: Until the End of Time).


      Translate all that for me John -- Please!

      Delete