Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Left My Heart in ...


For many people the song goes, "I left my heart in San Francisco..."  Not for me.  I left my heart in Santo Domingo.  This picture captures one of the greatest moments of my life.


"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the world."  How precious are these boys?


From left to right, Carlos, me, Joche Sanche and Randy Sparks.  Randy and I made our first trip to the Dominican Republic in 1997.  It was a defining moment in my life.  One of the reasons was that these children were so happy and had so little.  There were hundreds of children but none touched my heart like Joche Sanche.  I love Joche as if he were my own son.  The great news is that I shared the gospel with Joche and he invited Jesus Christ to live in his heart.  Although I have not seen Joche for almost a decade, I find comfort to know that we will spend eternity in heaven together with God as our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment