Monday, March 11, 2013

My bathroom is a religious experience...

My bathroom is completely brand new.  The walls are a lush egg white.  All the fixtures, the sink, bathtub and toilet are a pure white.  Whenever I need to clean up, shower or excrete waste from my body, I am reminded of Psalm 51:2.  "Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."

There is a five drawer cabinet that I built by hand.  It also is pure white and reminds me how my Savior was also a carpenter.  On top of the cabinet is an antique china plate with purple grapes, red cherries, and yellow pears.  It reminds me of the fruits of the Spirit.  On top of the plate is a purple vase with with the most beautiful silk white roses you have ever seen.  White roses stand for purity, innocence, silence, reverence and humility.  The roses being made of silk remind me I am an eternal being.

There is a shower curtain made of pure white linen.  Opposite is an unused purple towel representing colors reserved for royalty.  "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkenss into his marvelous light."  1 Peter 2:9  The lights in the bathroom are motion sensitive.  Therefore, when I walk into the darkness, the lights automatically come on.

Yesterday I had the best time with Donnie.

"How would you like to create a world with me and God today, Donnie?"

"That sounds great!"  Donnie jumped for joy.

"Do you see this empty space?  There is nothing here but air, right?" 

"Right"  Donnie agreed.

Someone gave us a gift card to the local pet shop so we headed to Milpass Road to create our world.  There was every color of gravel you could imagine and combinations thereof.  Guess what color Donnie picked?  It is a rhetorical question.  Anyone who knows Donnie knows that he would pick the color purple.  At first, Donnie picked out a green and purple plastic plant but I showed him some real plants and he was head over heals for the wisteria plant. 

Choosing which Beta fish was an excruciating ordeal.  There were almost one hundred different Betas to choose from.  Different kinds.  Different colors.  Different sizes.  I enjoyed watching Donnie go from fish to fish.  Talking to each one.  He almost made his decision but made a last minute change for the deep blue and maroon Crowntail Beta.

"Are you sure?"  I said.

"He looked at the fish he was holding in his hand, looked back at all the other betas, and then looked at me and said, "I'm sure."

While Donnie was looking for the particular beta he desired.  I found some plant bulbs that you plant in the gravel and are guaranteed to grow.  "How would you like to get some magic bulbs, Donnie?"

Donnie's eye lit up as only a five year old kids could, "That would be fantastic!"

We asked the pet shop man which food he recommended and picked up some water treatment drops to make the water safe for Donnie's new fish.  When we went to the counter to check out, it was a mini miracle that everything we purchased added up to almost the exact amount of the gift card.

Donnie was so excited to get back home to create our new world.  We were talking back and forth so much that I chuckled that others thought I was some "crazy" person talking to myself.  They were unaware that Tinkerbell had sprinkled her magic dust all over Donnie.  Donnie was invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment