Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Indecent Proposal


Donnie is a paranoid schizophrenic with a bipolar disorder who struggles with depression, anxiety and stress.  One of the voices he hears or one of the personalities he talks to some of the time name is Donn.  Donnie was kind enough to introduce me to Donn recently.  Here is a picture when Donn was in Greece in 1988.  Recently Donn was in Santa Barbara, California.

Donn was walking on State street and someone thought he was a prostitute.  The man offered him $10.00 to have sex with him.  When Donn declined, the old man paused and then offered him $20.00 dollars.  Again, Donn declined.  The old man was very persistent and determined and said, "You drive a hard bargain, I will give you $50.00 and that is my final offer."

"First of all, I am not bargaining with you."  Donn told the old man.  "Second, I find your final offer to your indecent proposal an insult."  Donn continued.  "I suppose I should consider your offer to be flattering but you merely have made me feel dirty all over.  I have no need to speak with you anymore but I will pray for your soul."  With that, Donn continued on his way leaving the old man behind.

I am still uncertain why Donn was in Santa Barbara and/or I am not sure why Donnie introduced me to this man.  However, I am pleased to know that Donnie feels comfortable to talk to me about him and I am very pleased how Donn handled the situation on State street.  I am uncertain how I would respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment