Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Palm Sunday


Normally, you would find me at mass on Palm Sunday.  Not this year.  This year I had to meet with a doctor I have never met before for a psychiatric exam.  The Department of Social Services do not trust my doctors and nurses who have treated me for the past two years.  Magically, in one hour, a psychiatrist is going to determine my mental health.  First of all, it is very hard to talk to someone I do not know about my mental illness.  Knowing the psychiatrist has been hired to determine if I am malingering or have a "factitious disorder" is quite depressing and disheartening.

However, I know that God is looking out for me.  Before I left for my appointment, I sensed that I should check my mailbox.  I was delighted to find a card from my Mother.  The words, "I've been longing for you... was on the outside of the card with a picture of a dachshund.  On the inside,  the words, "I miss you!"  What perfect timing.  Naturally, I cried.

When I completed my appointment with the psychiatrist, I was happy to see Carmen, a social worker from the Casa Esperanza in the waiting area.  I had not seen her since I left the transitional living facility to move to my new apartment.  It was SO good to see her.  We hugged and had a wonderful conversation.  She promised to tell everyone at the "casa" that I send my love.

Although I was not at church today, I felt closer to God than ever.  I knew God was with me and I also knew that I had family and friends with me.

Hope you have a wonderful Palm Sunday too!

1 comment:

  1. Several days ago, I also got a postcard from Tim. Although he did not have a picture of us together, he did send a picture of him with a friend. Maybe I will cut out the picture of his friend and insert a picture of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete