Friday, March 1, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

                                                      


Tim Page and Donald Harbeck worked together at the Sportsmen's Lodge in Studio City, California.  Tim Page was a Captain and Donald was the Maitre'D.  Both of these men had the hopes and dreams of becoming famous in the television and motion picture industry.  Donald thought they were on their way when Tim got him his first part in a movie, "The Best of Times" starring Robin Williams and Kurt Russell.  They were both shocked that their names were not listed on the credits.  Who knew that "extras"  names were not listed?  That was over twenty years ago.

Shortly after that, these two men went into two entirely different directions.  Tim listened to God's call for his life and started Total Involvement Ministry (TIM).  Google for yourself and see all that this man has done over the past two decades.

"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who has served Christ best of all?" Donald inquires of the looking glass.  When he looks in the mirror, he is genuinely happy to see the reflection of Tim Page.  Other reflections appear like Mother Teresa and Francis of Assisi.  What saddens Donald is that his reflection never shows up.  The closest thing to his reflection is the vision of the Wicked Witch from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".  Truth be told, Donald has better served Satan than he has to Jesus Christ.

Tim is one of the best friends anyone could ever hope for.  He has tried to email, write and call Donald on multiple occasions.  Ask Tim how he feels and he will tell you, "I choose to be happy!"  Donald has severe depression and has struggled with no will to live and thoughts of suicide.  The light that reflects from Tim and the darkness that looms around Donald is too much for Donald to even consider reconnecting with a visit from Tim.

One day, Jesus is going to separate the sheep from the goats.  Tim will be chosen to be among the sheep as his life has reflected nothing less than God's goodness.  Donald fears that he will be cast with the goats and eventually be cast into the sea of fire in Hell as his life of lurking in the shadows by serving the evil one in pursuit of riches, fame and fortune.

Maybe this is just the middle of the story.  Maybe the life of Tim Page can be an inspiration to Donald and others that "the power of one to make a difference in the world" solely relys on being plugged into the only true source of love ~ God himself.  Maybe one day, Donald will return those emails, letters and phone calls and set up a day where the two can meet.  Unfortunately, it will not be this week.  It is even hard for me to communicate with Donald.  Many times, I am unable to find him in the darkness of the world he exists.

Thank you Tim for all the love and kindness you have shown to so many.  May God bless and keep you.  May the light and love of Jesus Christ continue to reflect in and from you.  Know that Donald loves you.  Know that I love you.  However, never forget how much God loves you.

2 comments:

  1. JT, What can I say? Do I stop shining my light my light so you'll be able to visit with me (The light that reflects from Tim and the darkness that looms around Donald is too much for Donald to even consider reconnecting with a visit from Tim.), I think NOT, but how can I help you to see that it would be so good to see, and/or talk with you. Let's try talking first, (you won't have to see me!) I didn't reply to any of the other posts, but YES< silenece is sometimes all that is needed between us and God. Maybe you and I can also just visit and sit in silence. I'll bring a roll of grey duct tape, in case you think I won't be able to keep my mouth shut! LOL! and I also enjoy the song, "HERE I AM, LORD". All one needs to have is the 'desire' to be close to God, He'll take care of making it happen. In His love, Tim


    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Tim, for continuing to shine your light and be a friend to Donald. Donald, you big old goofy goofball, you are not a selfish, self-absorbed, living in the darkness Hollywood wannabe. You are many different people, remember? YOu're also a sweet, kind, loving, selfless guy who feeds hungry at the homeless shelter, even when you were homeless, and though we didn't really want to eat some of the bread and other "unhealthy" (but delicious) foods you would bring us from food pantries you frequented when you were "homeless" in our apartment for six months, you did bring them, and you walked, sometimes for miles, on your very sore feet with your weak heart, arms laden with food for your "family", and that was loving and selfless. So... yes, it would have been nice if you'd also known that I was too sick and tired from the chemo to be able to walk miles in the middle of the night, after play rehearsals where, playing a dying woman, I was using my own very real pain to depict the suffering of old Mrs. Dubose, and that I was too broke to be able to afford the continual parking tickets I racked up when you were keeping your car in my garage space while living rent free in my apartment, or that my water and electric bill went down by half when you left... and you would not be aware, and may not be, now, that I got sick again, had another cancer surgery, lost the apartment, and nearly lost my life to sepsis, since you have been gone, but it would have been much more difficult for ALL of us to survive, had you returned. Now, you live in Santa Barbara, a beautiful place. It's near the ocean, which you love. I live with Melinda in a guest house behind my actress/entertainment attorney friend's house in Van Nuys, and have enjoyed and grown stronger by swimming in her enormous back yard pool which I love. So we are all in places where we are blessed and cared about, and from which we can extend love and friendship to others. Mindy and I made meals to take to the shelter that a group of churches provides in a part of the large Hollywood Presbyterian Church, just like you thought churches should do. And every time we went there, we thought of you, and how pleased you'd be to see the churches reaching out to help the homeless.

    I have a broken pelvis right now. Fractured, in two places from the radiation's effect of diminishing bone density and strength. And I have a blocked ureter and swollen kidney. The kidney could die... but I won't. And now I have time to write, too.

    You probably should visit with Tim. Duct tape is a great idea, Tim. Though... Donn, JT, Donald, and all the other "onnies" in there should probably listen to some good advice from you.

    And also, Donald dear... your friend in Chicago, who also subscribes here, is a true friend, in many ways. You can't fault a guy for carrying a torch for his true love, even if the loved person is afraid allowing such love means eternal death. What a sad, sad situation. I know that many people love you, whom you cut off on Facebook. It is wonderful that you are blogging. But rather sad that you've curtailed contact with most of the people who would like to know how you're doing.

    Yep, you're flawed, and you've made poor decisions. So what? Who isn't flawed? Who hasn't made bad decisions. God loves you anyway. ANd so do I. That will never change.

    ReplyDelete