Sunday, April 28, 2013

Battling Depression




Like an elephant, I must remember that no one is interested in listening to me complain or gripe about the things that are not going well in my life.  Whether it was my friend canceling our plans at  the last minute, my blood pressure dropping to 80/50 or someone stole my third bike, I have fallen into a depression once again.  However, I must not focus on the depression but what might lift me back to a state of happiness.  Maybe the elephant mug that Donnie received for his birthday might lift his spirits.  


Maybe spending some time praying or meditating by our new fountain may wash away the negative feelings that overwhelm us.  Maybe asking you to say a prayer or two on our behalf might capture God's attention.  Maybe if I consider the horrible pain that my Aunt is going through as she fights cancer, or the  horror that Mike Payne faces as almost all his belongings were destroyed in a flood and he is homeless again, or the agony that my cousin is going through as she struggles with six children and a husband who left her; when I do this it might make me more depressed; or most likely, I will snap out of Satan's trap of depression and be free to embrace the incredible fact that I am SO blessed by God.

I think I read somewhere that we are encouraged to fight the good fight.  And so I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment