Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wrongful Regrets

For years and years, I lived with the regret that I did not go to an Air Force high school ROTC program, attend the U.S. Air Force Academy, and make a career out of the Air Force.  This year I was enlightened that there is no reason for me to have those regrets.  One might say they were wrongful regrets.  As I answered the fifty-five Facebook birthday greetings, I was made aware that I have a collection of friends for every decade.  Although I do not get to see these friends and family as often as I would like, each individual has a special place in my heart.  Had I gone through the Air Force career, I would have not met most of the friends that I have now.

The greatest regret I could have is to not have these friends and family in my life.

One day I think I will write each of these friends and family members and let them know how much they mean to me.  I should do this soon as we are never promised tomorrow.  In the last six months, I have lost three friends to "The Grim Reaper".  The biggest regret I could have is not not let people know how much they mean to me.

From now on I focus on counting my blessings.  There is no time for regret.  If you are reading this blog, you can be certain that you are one of the greatest blessings in my life.  Thank you for taking the time to invest in my life.  Thank you for being there when I needed you.  Thank you for loving me when I felt unloveable.

Please know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment