Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Brunch with Michael and Mya

For a number of reasons, I will never have a son.  However, God is so good to me and he has crossed Michael Z.'s path with mine.  I love Michael as if he were my very own son.  Michael Z. invited me to join his wife for brunch today.  This was the first time I had been to a Sunday brunch in more than three years.  A Champagne brunch in Santa Barbara with a friend I love as a son.  In August, they will become a family of three.  Hopefully, I will love their child as my very own grandchild.

Only God could arrange it for me to have a family and still remain single.

Truly I am a blessed man!



4 comments:

  1. Father to the fatherless, defender of widows— this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy. But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land. (Psalms 68:5, 6 NLT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Jolene! I can feel your wonderful hug from more than two thousand miles away. Thank you for the love and joy that comes from your incredible friendship. You are a wonderful sister and friend in Christ!

      Delete
  2. I love you so much, my dear friend. There is nothing that you can do that would ever change that fact!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God always remind me of the incredible love that I feel at this very moment from my dear, sweet friend Jolene! Many times throughout my life, I have felt unloved. However, God has performed a miracle in my eyes as I am embracing the love I feel from Jolene which I know is the love of God flowing through her. Thank you God and Jolene for this one moment of time! May I always keep the love I feel in the present chambers of my mind, heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete