Saturday, April 13, 2013

Starting Over


Yesterday was a rough day for me.  However, today I am starting over!  My name is John Thomas and I love living in Santa Barbara, California.  No one knows Donnie and/or all the personalities that live with him.  However, I have started life a new.

One of my friends was released from prison.  Shelly was so happy to see me.  She gave me the biggest hug.  So big it made her drunk boyfriend jealous.  Thankfully I have had training at the Alternative to Violence Project and was able to diffuse the problem before it became an issue.  In the past, I would have been fearful of the confrontation but I was so happy to be as confident as I was in a non aggressive way.  Her boyfriend even apologized to me.

As I was leaving the 99 cent store, I ran into Jacob who used to prepare breakfast with me at the transitional living facility, the Casa Esperanza.  It was such a joy to celebrate that he and I were not homeless anymore.

Later in the evening, I ran into my friend Michel Z.  No longer is he using drugs or alcohol.  He has decided to turn his life around as he now has a wife and they are both expecting a baby.  What a Joy to see this friend who once was lost, to be found and moving in a positive, forward direction.  We are going to celebrate by going to brunch tomorrow.

Having my faith and trust in God, what better way could God send me a sign than to have my friend, Jonathon cross my path again.  In the Bible, David had his friend, Jonathon.  Here in Santa Barbara, I have my friend, Jonathon.  We are going to get together next week to play chess.

The life of John Thomas is a beautiful and blessed life.  I am fully aware that my primary responsibility is to care and tend to the needs of little Donnie and all his many friends that live with him.  In the comments from the last post, you can see that I must be careful that I discern the satanic forces from the angelic ones.  Donnie no longer is able to cope with the negativity of others.  Donnie has no need to fear.  I, John Thomas am here to keep him safe and to make sure he feels loved.

"The greatest thing in all the world is just to love and be loved in return!"

4 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend...I love you so much and I wish that I was there to give you a hug. Do NOT let the words of unhealthy people with an agenda of their own destroy your spirit. God has been faithful to you...even in the worst...He has been with you. Your friend, Tim, has prayed for you, encouraged you and is trying to connect with you. You need people like this...who will feed your soul..and remind you that you have nothing to be ashamed of my beloved. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and while you carry much pain, God looks at you with such love and compassion.

    Live in this verse today -

    This is what God says, the God who builds a road right through the ocean, who carves a path through pounding waves, The God who summons horses and chariots and armies— they lie down and then can't get up; they're snuffed out like so many candles: "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. Wild animals will say 'Thank you!' —the coyotes and the buzzards— Because I provided water in the desert, rivers through the sun-baked earth, Drinking water for the people I chose, the people I made especially for myself, a people custom-made to praise me. (Isaiah 43:16-21 MSG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...You look pretty darn good for someone who has been through as much as you have. Beautiful smile, handsome face, and huge heart. You are so loved!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this one moment in time, I am overwhelmed with JOY for the unconditional love you have for me. However, the lesson that I am embracing is if you can love me this much, how much more does God love me? Truly I am SO loved. I love you SO much for reminding me of this incredible truth.

      Delete
  3. That's right!!!! He loves YOU, all of YOU...every part of the broken mess that you believe you are, my friend. You are fearfully and wonderfully made and He makes NO mistakes....despite all the lies that Satan throws your direction. Nothing..nothing can separate you from His Love. You already know that in your head...oh that you would believe it in your heart!!

    ReplyDelete