Friday, April 19, 2013

Heaven is a Wonderful Place


Living in Santa Barbara is a little like living in heaven for me.  As you gaze upon the mountains, you see mansions of millionaires and even billionaires.  The Bible says, "In my house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you."  In the past, I would have wanted to have one of the huge mansions that I look upon but will probably never be invited to enter.  However, I am very different now.  Today I am very content to just have a one bedroom apartment.  All that really matters is that I spend eternity in heaven with my Savior, Jesus Christ.


To no surprise to anyone, the sky would look like this!


For many people, they imagine a city of gold.


For me, whether my place is still a one bedroom apartment or as charming as this little cottage, I hope to see you there. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear JT, As you know I check your blog EVERY Saturday, but my slow computer doesn't allow me the ability (actually it's my impatience with my computer) to view all the comments and to search to see if you ever reply to my postings), but that's okay. I look forward to being able to visit with you (via phone first, then an actual face to face 'hug') You had a roller coaster week, but in the end, realize that God never leaves us nor abandons us. I'm learning much about what to say, and what to 'not' say, when dealing with my attempt to help those who might need encouragement. Currently, I'm visiting a young friend who is at Northridge Psyche center. Keep John in your prayers, please. I look forward to connecting with you in some fashion. Just sent an email to you for your birthday. And of course, will keep you especially in my prayers at Mass for your special day. You are loved. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mansion is going to have a big old pool, John Thomas, so you're invited over for a BBQ and Rook game. LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete