Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The New Way of Applying for a Job



Looking for a new job in California is not easy!

Literally, I have watched this building go up from the ground from scratch.

As soon as they posted a "Now Hiring" sign on the building I applied.

They would not let me send a resume.  Nor could I go in person and interview.  Nor was there a phone number to call for an appointment.  The instructions were to text your name, the position applying for,  the store location, and they would txt you back for an interview.

I text them five different times over three weeks.  They NEVER contacted me.

35 years of experience in the restaurant industry and I was never even given a chance to work at a 24 hour restaurant that serves soup.  Working at a soup kitchen seemed appropriate.

I must remember that I asked God to close EVERY door except for the one He wanted me to enter.

I would have HATED working at this place!

THANKS GOD!  I will try again tomorrow at a different establishment.

By the way - the "Now Hiring" sign is still posted on their wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment