Friday, June 24, 2011

This is Not a Test


"I think God is trying to tell me something!"  The Color Purple

This morning I went to buy Crickets for Clyde.  Having only been to this particular pet shop twice before, I was quite shocked when the Asian owner asked me, "How is Clyde doing?"

"Quite well, thanks for asking."  I doubt I ever shop at another pet shop as long as I am in this area.

Walking over to the Social Security office on Santa Monica and Vine, I was almost done processing and requesting my new social security card as John Thomas when they asked for my legal name change papers.  Had 911 not happened, I would have been able to change my name to my Catholic confirmation name.  With all the paperwork filled out now, the government is aware that I am living and working as John Thomas.  This will prevent any problems in the future.  All I am missing is the legal fees and the court sign off and I will be an officially legal new identity.

After the paperwork at the social security office, I went to have lunch at Blessed Sacrament.  As I walked up to the door, Ryan greeted and saluted me with, "Good morning John Thomas!  Great to have you here."

Ryan knew my name.  Hundreds of homeless and hungry a day but Ryan knew my name.
To make things better, they served Tuna Cremette Salad.  My favorite summer salad.
I was SO filled with JOY!

"I think God is trying to tell me something!"

Today was the first time I had been invited to a social gathering at Friends Connection.  Seven of the 24 invited guests knew my name.  Even more knew my name when I left.  I won a bottle of cologne and a brand new t shirt.  Life is Great!

Dinner was being served at La Brea and Santa Monica so I headed down to wait in the food line.  Three of the mentally insane started conversations with me.  What amazed me is that I made three new friends. I found out that once I got past my fears, my prejudices, and my stereotypes, there is a person longing to be loved.  One of the most life changing moments of my life!

"I think God is trying to tell me something!"

God answered my prayer today.  John A. accepted my request to be my friend.  Being in California, I found that I had no male friends.  I had met John A. two days ago and I really hoped that we could be friends.  God blessed me with a wonderful new friend.  His friend Steve, John A. and I walked around Santa Monica and Hollywood Boulevards observing the tourists for about four hours.

I never thought that I would like living in Hollywood especially being homeless and jobless.

The icing on the cake was that a sparrow came and ate scraps of bread out of my hand.  I still would rather feed the birds than the homeless but all I that filled my mind was the words,

"I sing because I am happy, I sing because I am FREE,
if God's eye is on the sparrow, than I know he watches ME!"

"I think God is trying to tell me something!"

THIS IS NOT A TEST!

LIVE IN THE MOMENT!

LOVE GOD.  LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  LOVE ONESELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment