Friday, June 3, 2011

Trying to Qualify for the Homeless Shelter

In order to qualify to live in the homeless shelter, one needs to have a TB test taken.

Life has been very busy for me today.

While I was waiting for breakfast this morning, I asked Sonny if I would be able to volunteer at the social service center.  "If a man shall not work, he shall not eat" continues to ring through my mind.  I find that I will be much happier volunteering and feeding the hungry rather than just being a "taker" and doing nothing but waiting for breakfast or lunch.  Sonny was happy to give me the papers to fill out and I hope they will allow me to volunteer.  As I am going to The Church of the Blessed Sacrament, it only makes sense for me to start getting involved.  While I was inquiring about volunteering, Sonny asked me if I was still living in my car.  He suggested that I go over to the homeless shelter and fill out the paperwork for temporary housing.  However, in order to qualify, I would have to have a TB test taken.  Sonny gave me information about the Saban Free Clinic on Sunset.

After walking to the clinic and waiting for over three hours, I was able to get my TB test.  The time seemed to fly by as I was able to watch two movies while waiting.  The medical staff were very friendly and  helpful.  I need to go back on Monday morning to get the results.

Leaving the Saban Free Clinic, I walked to another clinic for counseling.  No wanting to be late for another meeting, I decided to come back on Monday to schedule an appointment and fill out the paper work.

Rushing as fast as I could, I went back to The Friends Center for a late lunch and group therapy.  What a surprise!  I was paid for my time and participation.  After a meeting with Arturo, he printed some paperwork for me to go to the government offices next week to see if I qualify for General Relief.  Since the Battle of the Dance hired and laid me off because the business was struggling so much, Arturo is certain that although I can not get unemployment, I should qualify for general relief.  This was wonderful news for me!  Although I have not needed money for almost two weeks now, it would be nice to have some finances until I can find a job.

My main focus is writing and producing a documentary.  The work that is required for this to come to fruition is mind boggling.  There is no way that I will ever earn the money to pay for the film.  God will have to help me find investors, backers and donations.  This is the work that I believe God has healed me from all my sicknesses to help the church refocus their priorities.  As an ambassador for Christ, I will be reporting to God those churches who are helping the homeless and hungry and those who are not.  "Jesus Christ is coming soon."  Those are his words not mine.  God help the Churches that are not doing His work when he returns.  You can record me as saying, "The greatest sin in the world is that the Church has locked their doors and have turned a blind eye to the homeless, hungry, sick, naked and incarcerated."

John the Baptist warned people to repent before Jesus Christ started his ministry.

John Thomas the Catholic is warning the Church to repent before Jesus Christ's second coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment