Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Letter from God


This morning I was at the Holllywood Presbyterian Church on Gower in Hollywood.  This is where the legendary and world famous Reverend Dr. Llyod Ogilvie was senior pastor for decades.  They were kind enough to let me see the nurse as my feet are very sore and cracked.

When I was looking around at the office, I saw this letter from God posted on the wall.

GOOD MORNING,
THIS IS GOD.
I WILL BE HANDLING
ALL YOUR PROBLEMS
TODAY.
I WILL NOT NEED
YOUR HELP - SO
HAVE A NICE DAY!

Although this letter probably had been on the nurse's wall for years,
for me, it was if God took his finger and wrote that note for me this very day!

With the exception of missing mass, it was a perfect day!

God had arranged for me to be fed four meals today, the nurse gave me a salve for my feet, there was another woman who gave me bus tokens so that I could ride the bus and give my feet a break from the hot concrete, I was referred to another service which will provide new clothes for me, and a friend allows me to sleep on her floor so that I no longer have to sleep on the streets.

I feel like a fool now telling God that I could live without him but I could not live without money.

Realizing that every breath I take comes by the grace of God, I am happy to blog that never once did I need to use any currency or any money at all.

Truly I am a very blessed man!

Dear Father God!

Had a wonderful day today!  Thanks!

Please forgive me for doubting that you could take care of all my problems!

Hoping you have a nice day too!

I love you~

John Thomas

P.S.  I need to make a trip to the ocean soon - I am missing listening to you breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment