Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's Going On?


As I was walking past one of my backgrounds for my video, Crazy;  I noticed a film crew shooting this pretend homeless man carrying a sign.  They had dressed this actor down in a dirty t shirt and sweats and had put charcoal on his face to look like dirt.  They would not tell me what the project was for but I realized that my heart had changed.  Usually I would have thought this was a funny scene if I had seen it in a movie.  Now being homeless and jobless myself,  I have grown very close to many of the unfortunate souls who are in the similar state.  Making fun of the homeless is no laughing matter!

The owners of this establishment call the police regularly on the homeless who sleep at this closed entertainment complex during the day to get out of the hot California sun.  As they do not have a sign posted, this is one of the few places the homeless can sleep in Hollywood.  There are dozens of my friends who have rested here waiting to go to the Friends Connection which is only two doors down.

The Crazy thing is that we are not allowed to wait there either!

Crazier is me filming them filming their own project.  Wonder if they know that they are part of my blog and my documentary?

Time for me to switch to You Tube and listen to Patsy Cline sing CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment