Monday, May 16, 2011

The Belle of Amherst



Two of the best days of my life have been those being homeless and sleeping on Venice Beach.  In my pursuit of finding a location in California to live, I think I have eliminated my choices to five.  I wish to live in Monterey, Big Sur, Pasadena, Venice Beach and Hollywood.

Venice Beach is the front runner.  I have always wanted to live in Venice Beach.  The problem is that I have never been able to afford living on some of the most expensive real estate in the world.  Jesus Christ never had to pay rent or a mortgage.  Now that I have been homeless, my dream has come true.  A couple of days last week, I had parked my car and took my sleeping bag and pillow and crawled under one of the life guard shacks and fell fast asleep.

There is nothing that makes me feel closer to God than to be next to the Pacific ocean.  You can have your forests, mountains, lakes, meadows but give me the ocean.  Not any ocean but the Pacific.  Listening to the waves come in and out is like listening to God breath.

"Those who wait on the Lord will be lifted up on the wings of a Seagull."  Yes, your Bible may say eagle but I must inform you that it was a misprint.  The correct translation is seagull :)  My favorite bird is to watch the seagull soar over the ocean, very similar to watching the Spirit of God hover over the seas.  The seagull will soar high above the ocean and then with seagull/eagle eye will dive bomb into the ocean and God will provide food for the bird as he provided manna for the Israelites in the desert.

As sunset came over the west coast, I would just cuddle up in my sleeping bag and commune with God. Words were not necessary.  Being in the presence of God is life changing.  Sometimes my prayer would be as simple as "Your will be done."  and I would be silent before Him.  God knew that I was there for him.  I knew that God was there for me.  As I would rest in God's love, I would fall fast asleep.  My alarm clock was the seagulls announcing that sunrise was approaching.  They did not want me to miss the oil painting that God had painted for me.  Now that I am transformed, I was willing to share it with the surfers who would run into the ocean like a bunch of seals as they would swim up and down into the ocean looking to catch the first waves.

Hollywood was never going to make my list of places to live.  The reality is that Sue Anderson Molenda is the only person to offer me a place to live.  Sue lives in Hollywood.  I now live in Hollywood.  Yesterday, I went to three different church services.  Checked out the Salvation Army church right around the block from Sue's home.  Sue, Renee and I attended their church, Ecclessia which is in the old Pacific theatre building.  In the evening, Sue, Lisa and I attended Premise.  Premise is a prayer gathering for actors in the Hollywood area.

I was very thankful that I was no longer homeless.  My prayer request was that Sue and I would be able to find work.  I believe God has answered our prayer.  Hopefully, I will be able to be the producer and Sue will be the director/actress in the one woman show, The Belle of Amherst.  Sue has done two consecutive shows at the Attic Theatre.  Please pray that we are able to perform the play about the works and life of Emily Dickinson.  It will be the perfect place for us to showcase Sue's remarkable talent.

I need to go back to Venice Beach and commune with God.  Only four words are needed.

No, not "The Belle of Amherst"

The Words, "God's will be done"

No comments:

Post a Comment