Saturday, May 7, 2011

I am NOT a very good Christian

If there was one thing that I would want you to remember being.  It would be that I was a good Christian.

Truth be told.  I am NOT a very good Christian.  It frustrates me.

Being an over achiever, I had hoped to be in the league of Mother Teresa or St Francis.  However, you probably will never find me tending to the poorest of the poor nor will you see me taking a vow of poverty.   God may have plans of his own regarding the poor thing but most of that is my own foolish decisions that have put me in the predictament that I am in at present.  I do not blame God for my foolishness.

However, I have had no interest in serving at Pads or working in a soup kitchen.  Maybe it just Karma that has me in a place where I am in need of Pads or being fed at a soup kitchen.

What frustrates me the most is that I was a REALLY good sinner!  It came SO naturally to me.

Here it is on A Saturday night, usually I would be drunk, high or in a gay bar somewhere trolling hot young dancers.  The good news is that I am here, talking to you, trying to change my life around.  Maybe I will just give up on being a good Christian.  Maybe it is better if I just focus on being a Christian.

Besides, was it not Jesus Christ who said, "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!"  It is God's job to transform me.  The only thing I need to do?  Surrender!

Please pray for me!  I hope to celebrate in heaven with you one day!

2 comments:

  1. There are no good Christians. There are only sinners. SOme sinners become Christians, but there is not one good one. Only Jesus is good. The rest of us are sinners. That's why we need him.

    Whosoever will may come.

    ReplyDelete