Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Hey, do you know what?"

"You love me just the way that I am" was my response to Vincent Dwyer's question.

How I miss my friend, my mentor Father Vincent Dwyer.

Although I know that I can still talk to him.  It just is not the same thing as having his physical presence here.

Father Vincent Dwyer was called out of the monastery to do God's work.

Although I never made it into the monastery, I believe God is calling me, John Thomas to do His work.

The reason Vince asked that question was never to focus on his love for me.  It was to focus on God's love for me.  Vince would always follow up after my response with, "Now, just imagine how much God, Your Father and Your Creator loves you?

God has healed me from alcoholism, drug use, sexual addictions, depression, loneliness, suicidal thoughts, no will to live, homosexuality and even healed me from a broken heart valve.  Presently, I am jobless and homeless but I believe that God is completing the good work that He has started with me.

I miss Vince but my love for him will be in my heart forever.

"Hey, do you  know what?"  I asked God.  If I listen very carefully, I think I can hear God say,

"I love you just the way you are!"

"Dittto!"  like from the movie, Ghost is my response.

"Hey, do you know what?"






 

No comments:

Post a Comment