Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Home

Since Greg, Shawna and the crew are going to be at the Renaissance Fair in Irwindale, California for the next month, I thought it would be a good idea for me to find a part time job to pay for my expenses.  Brownsville is a town of 1,695 people.  Needless to say, I was unable to find a single job vacancy.  However, my name is now around town so it will be easy for them to find me if a position opens up.  Even temporary.

Feeling a little let down, I started driving to Crawfordsville.  When lo and behold, I saw two llamas on a farm.  It was as if God knew that I was going to be sad that he knew that my seeing those two fantastic animals would brighten my spirit and was just a little reminder for me to continue trusting him.  Good thing because there were no jobs in Crawfordsville either.  One of God's Angels Julie Tabian Carlson text me.  Another confirmation of God's love.

Three times is funny or so they say.  Therefore, I head to a town called Sweet Home.  Population 9,895. Hopefully, in this thriving metropolis (lol) I shall find work.  Not a chance.  But I did find a can opener for $1.75 at the Thriftway.  While I walk back to my car, a bluejay lands right on my car.  I renamed the bird a bluebird because I wanted this to be a Bluebird of Happiness in my Sweet Home.  Another of God's Angels Peter from Anaheim texts to see if I need a place to live.  Have a place to live, just looking for a job.

As I drove back to Brownsville, I am happy because I have found my priceless can opener, I had heard from two friends, God had sent a Blue bird to cheer me up and now I would see those two llamas on the ride back.  Although I return jobless, the lesson learned today is to trust God more.  God will provide.

Once back in Brownsville, I decided to take a walk to the Dari Mart to get some oranges.  Oranges are on sale for 39 cents a pound.  Wandering through the neighborhood, looking for another Bluebird, I receive two more gifts from God.  One is a text from Deb Horwedal.  The second is a purple lilac bush in full bloom.  My entire being is filled with the aroma and the presence of my Grandma Zoch.  Although it is wonderful to know that God is watching over you, there is an entirely precious and sacred gift to know that a Grandma who prayed for you everyday is still interceeding on my behalf.

Yes, as I walked back to the farm.  I was greeted by the roosters and the chickens, the horse and the cows, the barn swallows darted to and fro, even Clyde and Baby were happy to see me.  It almost seemed as if I was in a different dimension.  Maybe I am.  All I know is that I was not just in Brownsville.

I was Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment