Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Looking For Jesus

Sometimes the physical duplicates or parallels the spiritual.

When moving from Hollywood, I seem to have misplaced my little statue of Jesus holding his sheep.

Now that I have returned to Venice Beach, I seem to have lost the direction in which Christ wants me to go.  Having been in Hollywood, I tried to assisimilate my life by becoming part of the church, the community, the gym etc in Tinseltown.  There are so many questions I have.  How does one embrace being homeless and jobless?  "Be joyful always" the Word of God proclaims.  As much I as long to be obedient to that proclamation, I must be honest with you that I am rather scared.

"Pray continually" will be much easier for me.

"Give thanks for everything" will be easy as well.  Being homeless and jobless is helping me to understand the plight of thousands of others who have landed in my same position.  Being in this situation will help me to have compassion for those in similar situations. 

Those three little commands are the way to be in God's will.  Only by being in God's will am I able to do the works that God has prepared for me to do.

This documentary I believe that I am being led to do is God sized.  God must show up in numerous ways to get this work done.  I am not foolish enough to believe that I can do this on my own.

A thought just came to me.  Did you ever go to a church camp or a sports camp where they played TRUST games?  That is exactly where I am at with God today.  At camp, someone would be blindfolded and then walked up some stairs and then told to fall backward.  The fellow campers or team mates would all have been behind that person and would have caught them to keeping them from falling.  Today God is asking me to TRUST him.  It is relatively easy to trust a bunch of friends or team mates as they are physical and tangible.  It is much harder for me to trust a God who is spiritual and intangible.

I miss my little statue that my sister got me for confirmation.  If and when I find it, I will be filled with joy and rejoice.  I will hold my Savior in the palm of my hands and feel close to Him physically.

The higher calling is for me to search for God with the same tenacity I would look for my little statue.  As I continue to walk on this journey, I need to listen for that still small voice of God and when God says for me to fall backwards, I need to trust Him to catch me.  Then God will hold me in the palms of His hands and I will feel close to Him spiritually.  This will be cause for me to "Be Joyful Always" as I will have found Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment