Friday, May 20, 2011

Crucified With Christ


I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live , but Christ lives in me.

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

Look at the life of Donnie Harbeck.  God has cured him from his alcoholism, drug problems, sexual addictions, depression, loneliness, thoughts of suicide, homosexuality, no will to live.  God even cured him from a broken valve in which he was not suppose to live past August 2009.  Why would the God of the Universe go to such an extent to heal this man and transform him into the new creation of John Thomas?

John Thomas is homeless and jobless.  John believes this is the best thing to ever happen to him!  In essence, one could say that God even healed John Thomas from blindness.

You see, I once was blind but now I see.

Remember what God said to Peter?

"Do you truly love me more than these? " Jesus Asks.

"Yes Lord," he said. "you know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?"

He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

The third time he said to him, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?"  He said, "Lord, you know all things, you know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."

Why would the God of the Universe go to such an extent to heal me and transform me?

Maybe instead of Peter, God is talking to me today!

The homeless situation is a huge undertaking.  I do not believe it is the problem of our government.  I believe the solution is the Church.  You and I are the church.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yolk of slavery.  Will you help Jesus and me "Feed His Sheep?"  I can NOT do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment