Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Greatest Sin in the World

Do you know what I believe the Greatest Sin in the world is?

The fact that the doors of the CHURCH are locked.  Some churches are only open one day of the week.  This morning I desired to worship my Lord and Savior in the House of the Lord.  There is a beautiful Baptist church on Selma in Hollywood.  The doors were locked.  I was asked to leave by a security guard because the church had rented out the facility to a production company.  Hopefully, it is The Color Purple Part II so I can see the inside of the church when I go to the movies.

Walking on Sunset Boulevard, I was happy to see a glorious catholic church.  Catholic churches are usually much more ornate than their protestant brothers and sisters.  I went to see what time the weekday mass was scheduled for on the outside bulletin.  It was covered over by a flyer from the inside advertising the Easter schedule.  It is May folks and now I am unable to know when I can visit with my Lord.  The stairway was chained off but I merely crawled under the chain.  The doors have no handles.  They only open from the inside.  I stood at the door and knocked.  I knocked the secret knock.  You know.  Shave and a haircut (pause) two bits.  I waited.  Someone knocked from the inside.  Twice and then opened the door.  A teacher was kind enough to inform me that mass would be at noon today.  I thanked her.  Promplty she closed and locked the door.  Need to get off the stairway before I am ticketed by the police for loitering.  There are signs on the church walls.

Continuing to look for a place to worship as it was only 8:00 am in the morning, I found the West Hollywood Presbyterian Church on Sunset Boulevard.  Although the church was locked, chained and gated.  There was a very kind man who gave me a bag lunch through the gated entryway. 

The kind man asked, " Would you like an apple, orange or lemon?"

"An orange, please!"

As I walked back up on Sunset, I shared my lunch with two other homeless people.

A few more hours and I will be able to visit my Savior.  God will be available from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment