Thursday, May 26, 2011

I found Jesus

I was So overwhelmed with JOY when I found this little statue of Jesus, My Shepherd, that I shed tears of JOY!  My sister Linda gave me this little statue when I was confirmed a member in the Catholic church and took my first communion.  Jesus was lost and now he is found.

What is even better is that I was lost and now I am found.  Yes, I was the lost little sheep that Jesus had to leave the other 99 in the fold to go searching for me.  As John Thomas, I am a new creation in Christ.  The old is gone.  Life is completely new for me.  I have a new identity as John Thomas.  God has allowed me to choose anywhere in the country that I wish to live.  I have chosen Venice Beach.  My vocation is to be an oblate to the monastic order and a writer.  My purpose in life is to bring God glory.  I am praying that my mission might be writing and producing a documentary entitled PROJECT: HOMELESS. 

Pray with me that God closes this door if this is not the direction He chooses me to go.  The task that I am committing myself to is a monumental God size work.  Only with God and the prayer and support from others will this project come to fruition.  Will you help me?

2 comments:

  1. Have camera and editing software, and a hard drive designed to be large enough for movie making. But maybe we don't work well together. I might just have to make my own films...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue-I must be honest with you. You are a high risk. I tried working with you on three different projects and you failed to come through on any of them. You have no experience in filming documentaries so I think you are completely out of your element here. I would love to borrow your camera and your editing software but not if the requirement is that you come with the package. Maybe you are right, maybe you need to make your own films. I just beg you to please pick another topic besides the homeless. I would hate to be in competition with you for funding. Best wishes whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete