Sunday, May 5, 2013

Kelly Williams

What a wonderful surprise!  Kelly Williams called me from Chicago.  Normally, I do not answer my phone but I was overjoyed to hear Kelly's voice on the other side.  Kelly had found my phone number on my blog as when my phone was stolen, I got a Santa Barbara number.

I love Kelly Williams!  She is one of the ten women that I wanted to marry in my life.  We used to joke that we would marry each other if we were both single after a certain age.  As one of my dreams was to live in a castle, I had no idea that I would end up living at the Schaumburg castle called Medieval Times.  Kelly was hired as a wench and I was hired as a slave/serf.  Kelly was too beautiful though.  It was not long and she was soon the Contessa of the castle.  Although we both worked in the office during the day, Kelly fell in love with a knight named Phil.  I think Kelly still loves Phil but Phil has departed us from a horrible motorcycle accident.

There are not enough kind words to say about Kelly.  Let me start with that Kelly loves me unconditionally.  Whether I be crying and suicidal because of same sex attraction, Kelly has always given me her shoulder to cry on.  At another time, Kelly is celebrating with me as I take her to a local gay club to introduce her to a stripper that I had "fallen in lust with".  Kelly does not care if I am gay or straight, she loves me.

Kelly and I will always be loyal to Medieval Times even though we have not worked there for years and years.  Kelly and I have planned the reunions and we planned the twenty year reunion even when Medieval Times was not interested in participating.  There is no doubt in my mind that Kelly and I will plan the twenty-fifth.

"Santa Margareta" is a sacred wine that I only drink with Kelly.  We drank "Santa Margareta" at the anniversary.  We drank "Santa Margareta" at a restaurant called "Johnny D's which we all got hired at. Alissa was hired because she was a gorgeous blond.  Kelly was hired because she was a talented bartender and a beautiful red head and I was hired because Alissa would not work there without me.  She had never been a waitress before and she needed me to help her.  Working at Johnny D's is one of the best jobs I ever had.  There is only one bottle of wine in my refrigerator.  Yes, a bottle of Santa Margareta reserved for when Kelly comes to visit me in my new home.

There are no words to describe a friendship that has gone through so much and through so many years. I hope that Kelly and I will be like the two friends in "Fried Green Tomatoes" and I will be able to ask Kelly, "Do you know what the most important thing in life is?"

Kelly will look at me and say, "Friends, Best Friends!"

Kelly I know you know this but I want you to see this too!

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry... I love you! I'm so thankful to have you as a best friend!

    ReplyDelete