Friday, May 24, 2013

Default Purpose Driven Life Day 24
Transformed by Truth

The truth transforms us.

Spiritual growth is the process of replacing lies with truth. Sanctification requires revelation. The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God.

I must accept its authority. The Bible must become the authoritative standard for my life: the compass I rely on for direction, the counsel I listen to for making wise decisions, and the benchmark I use for evaluating everything. The Bible must always have the first and last word in my life.

I must assimilate its truth. It is not enough just to believe the Bible; I must fill my mind with it so that the Holy Spirit can transform me with the truth. There are five ways to do this: you can receive it, read it, research it, remember it, and reflect on it.

----------

Point to ponder: The truth transforms me

Verse to remember: " If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

Question to consider: What has God already told me in his Word that I haven't started doing yet?

Last edited by kansascrochetmom; 04-10-2008 at 06:26 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment