Friday, May 17, 2013

Purpose Driven Life, Day 17

Day 17: A Place to Belong - If you ever feel like you don’t belong anywhere this is the chapter to read. Day 17 talks about the importance of belonging, belonging to the family of God and belonging to the Body of Christ and the Church. Today also touches on how important it is to belong to a local fellowship and why you need a church family. A church family identifies you as a genuine believer, moves you out of self-centered isolation and helps you develop spiritual muscle. The church family is also important because it helps you from backsliding, we all fall short of the glory of God, and we’re all responsible for our brother and sisters in Christ if we see that they are going by the wayside.
Today also talks about how important it is to be involved in the church and not just go to participate in the worship service, being a member means participating in the ministry of the Church.

A line that really stuck out to me for today is “…the first symptom of spiritual decline is usually inconsistent attendance at worship services and other gatherings of believers”. I can see where this happened in my life and the events that followed.
Today’s question is: Does my level of involvement in my local church demonstrate that I love and am committed to God’s family?
To be completely honest, I’m not really involved in my local Church, I’m one of those members that go to Church but don’t participate. It’s something I’d like to change in the near future. Reading this book is opening my eyes to a lot of new ways of thinking and I see that I’m in need of some spiritual growth…it’s happening one day at a time.
Do you ever feel like you don’t belong or do you participate in your local Church?
Learning to live in the moment,
Shar

No comments:

Post a Comment