Sunday, May 5, 2013

Purpose Driven Life - Day 5


Seeing Life from God’s View, Day 5, Journaling Purpose Driven Life

I find this day a difficult one for me because I have not always seen my life as God does.  Rick Warren writes in The Purpose Driven Life,  that “The way you see your life shapes your life.”  Thankfully, for me, I am a Christian and I think of the verse, ‘For as you think in your heart, so are you. (Proverbs 23:7)  If you suffer from low self esteem, like I sometimes do, this chapter will help you a lot.  “How do you see your life?”  I believe that our lives are shaped by others, how we were raised, what we have been exposed to, even how much education we have, our status or our familie’s status in our society, TV,  movies,  peer pressure, or the world’s influence.  What ever has shaped our personalities, God is in the business of transforming our lives for His glory and His purpose.
I helped shaped my daughter’s life and I made some serious mistakes.  I know that God knew I was doing my best.  Has God worked in my life to help others because of my mistakes-yes I have had the opportunity to share my testimony.  Do I have a good relationship with my daughter – I believe so.  Do we have the exact same Spiritual values – no, we don’t agree on all things.  But one thing is certain, she knows I did my best, and as I was a teenager unwed mother, she knew I did my best.  That is why we need to step out of the mold that circumstances and choices have shaped us and be shaped by God.
We need to know what God’s view of life is.  Always life is a test, a trust and of course it is only a temporary place we now call home.  The scripture has so many examples of individuals lives being tested and the trials they have gone through.  Most of us as parents and grandparents recognize that character is built by the tests and trials one goes through.  As believers, these trials and testing should refine us for God’s work. 
Do we all go through tests and trials?  Most certainly we do.  Sometimes we might feel God is injust for allowing us to experience such pain and sorrow.  Often we go through very small, almost insgnificant, trials and tests daily without even realizing it.  What  is your response, if the store gives you too much change back, or they charge the wrong amount on an item?  What about on the phone, do you make an excuse up to get off the telephone, do you have an attitude when someone is trying to discuss a problem with you, what about our response to people who are not like us – maybe they are real smart and talk over our head or they are slower in their speech and repeat themselves.  How do we react to our testings? 
I would love to tell you, “I’ve always come through my testings with an A+” but that wouldn’t be the truth.  I fail.  The fact is, I believe as a Christian that we live by a higher standard than the world does.  I love James 1:12  “Blessed are those who endure when they are tested.  When they pass the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.” 
For me, I must remember, that “He who is faithful in the small things, will be faithful in the large things.”  Luke 16:10  Life is something we have been given of God, what we do with our life depends upon the response we have.  When we get to heaven, God will give us rewards we will determine each day just what they will be.
Thanks again for visiting my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment